Well, this post was suppose to come yesterday, but I had a sick dog and then got to doing things with James and well, ooopsy! So here is my year end questionaire.
1. Was 2012 a good year for you?
Well, the first half was a bit of good and bad. The good part was I finally got my own place here in Ottawa after living ffirst with a friend and then on campus at Algonquin College. But, it didn’t last long my best friend died shortly after my birthday in April. It was pretty hard for me and for her family. My heart and love still go to them and her little ones.
Now the second half of the year was owe so totally awesome. I met James through another friend and we started dating, but you can read all about that in other post. So get to it!
2. What was your favourite moment of the year?
Thanks to Shane, meeting and getting to know James. But the biggest of all happened at the end of the year. Getting the approval to move to our dream house that we’ve wanted since October. Again all that you can read about in other post. So what are you waiting on?
3. What are your plans for 2013?
Lets see, move into our house, switch to a better Massage Therapy school, start a family, keep being happy and giving James hell, ha!
4. What countries did you visit?
I went to the states to see friends and family and played a little goalball. Man I miss that.
5. What date in 2012 will remain etched in your memory?
6. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Letting go emotionally a bit of the hate and pain I’ve had for some people since 2008.
7. What was your biggest failure?
Still not having the money to get my son back from where he doesn’t belong. Still not able to legally fight for something that never should have happened.
8. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Sadly it was the worse year for me with being sick. Blah, maybe 2013 will be better.
9. What was the best thing you bought?
My new Macbook Air. My old one can finally rest in pieces after I drop it down 18 floors, *smiles*
10. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
That would be a few people, but I’m not going to state that here.
11. Where did most of your money go?
Hmm, lests see. Um, rent yeah that’s it.
12. What did you get really really really excited about?
Finally getting that call that said we got the house. *cheers loudly*
13. What songs will always remind you of 2012?
Meet in the Middle by Diamond Rio is very special.
14. Compared to this time last year are you:
a) Fatter or thinner? Meh, that’s about the same I think.
b) Happier or sadder? Most definitely happier. Still need to work on things, but all is going well now.
c) Richer or poorer? Sadly the same, broke. Anyone want to loan me some money?
15. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Nothing. I was quite satisfied with the amount of everything.
16. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I really wish I didn’t have to spend so much time arguing with people over at Algonquin College. Ugh, man that was a headache.
17. How did you spend Christmas?
Well, this time I spent it with James and family. It was great. I was a bit uncomfortable at first, but all is good now. Mmm, mum makes some extremely good food. Next year I think I’ll see if we can leave James out so that I get some pumpkin pie.
18. Which online users did you meet for the first time?
That would be Jerry. We’ve known each other for about 11 or 12 years and finally met in May. I’m glad to say that he’s the same in person as he is online.
19. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Oh absolutely. I wasn’t planning on it, but somehow James stole my heart and that was that.
20. How many one night stands?
None and never will be.
21. What was your favourite TV show?
That would be WWE wrestling, always.
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is such a strong word. I don’t hate them, but I am not happy with some of the stupid things they’ve done to make me stop trusting them or even wanting to deal with them.
23. What was/were the best books you read?
Oo, now that one is hard to answer. I love reading so can’t honestly say.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I found Shout Sister Choir that I’m now a part of. Does that count?
25. What did you want and get?
Got that awesome dream house that I’ve mentioned like a zillion times now, lol.
26. What did you want and not get?
What I want is my son back in Canada at least and that will only happen when I have the money to pay a lawyer that can legally work in both countries.
27. What was your favourite film for 2012?
I didn’t watch movies much, but maybe now for 2013 that will change.
28. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I don’t celebrate my birthday. There’s bad memories associated with that day for now.
29. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
Hey, I’m happy with what I got that I wasn’t even expecting. So I’ll just leave it at that. Now ask me at the end of this year and my answer may be different.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
I have purple in my hair which is totally cool. Other than that I keep it pretty tomboy simple, *smiles*
31. What kept you sane?
Me sane, are you nuts?
32. Which celebrity did you fancy the most?
33. Which political issue stirred you the most?
They all bore me, but since I’m dating someone that is interested in that stuff I have to pretend to pay attention, right?
34. Who did you miss?
my daughter and my son as always.
35. Did you treat somebody badly in 2012?
Not to my knowledge, but if I did I’ll apologize now in case they are reading. Sorry to whomever that may be.
36. Did somebody treat you badly in 2012?
Yes, in the apartment building that I’m currently living in. No details, sorry.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year.
That good things come to you when you’re not even looking for them. Happiness does still exist.